Artistic senior lecturer in landscape architecture-applied arts and design, Sveriges lantbruksuniversitet
Faculty of Landscape Architecture, Horticulture and Crop Production
The department of Urban and Rural Development
For information, see: https://www.slu.se/en/departments/urban-rural-development/
Landscape architecture with a specialization in applied arts and design, focusing on developing and creating an understanding of the role of image thinking as a link between intuitive and analytical thinking, where image thinking is a way of communication between verbal and non-verbal thinking and problem solving.
The senior lecturer will within the subject area for the position:
• manage teaching, through lectures, seminars, supervision and examination, within the subject area in all levels of the five-year landscape architecture program
• develop courses and run projects within landscape architecture with a specialization in applied arts and design
• contribute to the development and strengthen the subject area as well as following the development in society that is important for the work within the subject area landscape architecture, with special focus on developing the architect’s method for solving complex problems and its application.
• participate in and develop education cooperation within the division, the department and SLU and with similar subject areas at other universities nationally as well as in international networks
• contribute to the faculty's strategic development through administrative assignments at the division, the department and the faculty
• publish articles and apply for external funding for artistic development projects
The lecturer is expected to spend approximately 75% on education and approximately 25% on artistic development projects
The applicant shall:
• documented artistic or other professional skills, alternatively obtained an artistic doctoral degree, relevant to the content of the employment and the duties to be included in the employment
• obtained a master's degree in landscape architecture or the equivalent and have solid practical experience in the profession acquired during an extensive period of time
• have demonstrated pedagogical skills in teaching in the subject area
• have completed training in teaching in higher education corresponding to about 10 weeks of studies, or have acquired the corresponding knowledge in some other way
• have good knowledge in Swedish or another Scandinavian language and in English
Assessment criteria for appointment will primarily be based on the degree to which the applicant possesses the required qualifications specified for the position. Equal attention will be paid to the assessment of teaching proficiency and the assessment of academic skills.
Assessment of the pedagogic skills will be given a particular importance.
The assessment of pedagogic skills will consider:
• experience of planning, conducting and evaluating teaching in landscape architecture or corresponding disciplines
• supervision of students and examination
• ability to integrate artistic and a scientific approach in teaching
Experience in modern teaching methodology, such as digital teaching methods and e-based learning is a merit.
The assessment of artistic skills will consider:
• the applicant's experiences and ability to develop the subject area of the position
The applicant is expected to have a strong collaborative network of value for the department’s research and teaching. Good communication and collaboration ability is taken into account.
Final date for application:
Place of work:
Form of employment:
According to agreement
Use the document Application guidelines for appointment as professor, senior lecturer or associate senior lecturer at SLU asguide when you fill in your application.
Please apply by clicking the apply-button below.
Academic union representatives:
The Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences (SLU) develops the understanding and sustainable use and management of biological natural resources. The university ranks well internationally within its subject areas. SLU is a research-intensive university that also offers unique degree programmes in for example rural development and natural resource management, environmental economics, animal science and landscape architecture.
SLU has just over 3,000 employees, 5,000 students and a turnover of SEK 3 billion. The university has invested heavily in a modern, attractive environment on its campuses in Alnarp, Umeå and Uppsala.
SLU is an equal opportunity employer.