Associate Senior Lecturer in Materials Engineering, Malmö universitet
Associate Senior Lecturer in Materials Engineering
The Department of Materials Science and Applied Mathematics is looking for an Associate Senior Lecturer in Materials Engineering oriented towards experimental characterization of engineering materials using X-ray and/or neutron-based techniques to supplement the existing modelling research activities (see above). The work tasks are primarily research and teaching on undergraduate and graduate levels. The employment is limited to four years and it includes teaching equivalent up to 50% of full-time over the entire term of employment. There is room for participation in pedagogical courses within the employment.
The candidate is expected to contribute to the building of experimental research activities at the department that supports and complements the existing research in materials engineering. As part of the position, the applicant is required to apply for external research funding, initiate new projects, collaborate on on-going research projects at the department and act as an expert resource for experimental activities at the department. The work further includes teaching in mechanical engineering and materials science related courses within the programs of the department, e.g. the two-year Masters program in Computational Materials Science. The courses include theoretical and experimental materials science courses. Teaching in other subjects such as mechanics, physics and mathematics may also be included in the duties, as well as supervision of master students and PhD students and teaching PhD courses. The work involves independent work and work in teams and includes participating in the development of the department's research, education and other activities.
Appointment to Associate Senior Lecturer requires that the applicant has a PhD or acquired corresponding research expertise. Priority should be given to applicants who have completed their degree or acquired the corresponding expertise no more than five years before the last date for application, unless specific reasons such as illness, parental leave or similar conditions justify otherwise.
Specific to this employment is required:
• Good oral and documented written proficiency in English.
• Documented knowledge, experience and skills in X-ray and/or neutron characterization of engineering materials.
The merits for this employment are:
• Shown good ability to independently plan, implement, publish and analyze scientific studies in the subject area.
• Documented experience of teaching.
• Documented established research network in the subject area.
• Documented experience of collaborating with industry.
• Documented supervision of PhD students.
Candidates for this position will be assessed on their level of skills and proficiency as described in the above qualification requirements and in relation to how the candidate fits the profile for the position regarding research, teaching and other relevant experience. In addition, consideration will be given to how the applicant’s experience and skills complement, strengthen and offer the potential to develop research and education at the department.
For appointments to Associate Senior Lecturer, the following shall form the assessment criteria:
• The quality and focus of the doctoral thesis.
• Documented proficiency in independently conducting research of a high quality.
• Reflective presentation of their own pedagogical outlook and practices.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate and collaborate with actors in other parts of society with a connection to education and research.
Mats Persson, Head of Department, email@example.com
Sara Eriksson, HR-specialist, firstname.lastname@example.org
You apply through Malmö University’s recruitment system by clicking the button “ansök”. It is your own responsibility to ensure that your application is complete with all required documentation according to the adverted position. Your application must have arrived no later than 2020-03-26.
The application should contain the following documents (when applicable):
• A short list of qualifications, including signed CV
• Certified copies and degree transcripts and certificates
• Brief summary of scientific, educational and other activities that are of importance with regard to the appointment, including a vision of the candidate's future research and teaching.
• PhD thesis
• A list of scientific and pedagogic works
• Scientific and pedagogical works mainly invoked (maximum five of each)
Your merits can be documented according to Malmö University’s Guidelines for documentation and assessment of qualifications. See also Malmö University appointment rules
If the application includes physical material, send three identical sets of the supplementary physical material by mail, marked with reference number REK2020/37 to, HR-department, Malmö universitet, 205 06 Malmö. If the physical material weighs more than 2 kg use the following address: HR-department, Matrosgatan 1, 211 18 Malmö, marked with reference number REK 2020/37 Your application will be handled by our internal hiring board and also assessed by external experts.
To apply and see the ad in full please visit www.mau.se
Starting at the earliest convenience or by agreement.
SACO Mats Syde, email@example.com
OFR/ST Bodil Sterner, firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to receiving your application!