Assistant Professor in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Jönköping International Business School
Jönköping International Business School (JIBS) is one of four schools within Jönköping University.
We offer an international and team-oriented workplace with competitive education programmes, across Bachelor, Master and, Doctoral levels, as well as a thriving research environment and many opportunities for professional and personal development.
Our mission is to advance the theory and practice of business, with a specific focus on entrepreneurship, ownership, and renewal. Our guiding principles are: international at heart, entrepreneurial in mind and responsible in action. JIBS is double-accredited, by EQUIS and AACSB.
JIBS is recruiting an Assistant Professor in Business Administration with focus on Supply Chain Management.
OUR OFFER TO YOU
We offer you a stimulating workplace where you will be a vital contributor to education activities, research, and service to JIBS. At JIBS we work in an international environment and maintain both national and international networks. Teaching is performed primarily in English and distributed over the academic year.
Besides teaching, the holder of the position must be able to position their present or aspired research orientation within JIBS focus areas. All assistant professors at JIBS are expected to do research, apply for externally funded research grants, as well as be engaged with business and society at large, to improve JIBS footprint in the broader society.
We are looking for candidates with experience in teaching and research in different areas of Supply Chain Management such as operations management, stakeholder relationship management and logistics management. The candidate should also have a record of publications, preferably in journals ranked in the ABS list, and/or a promising pipeline.
The selection process will place great value on applicants’ suitability for the position and JIBS, including flexibility; communication skills; quality awareness and ability to collaborate and build relationships both with students, colleagues and external stakeholders. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to develop and lead in education and research and contribute to a dynamic academic environment, including being present at JIBS throughout the year.
Furthermore you should:
- have a Ph.D. degree in business administration;
- have documented teaching expertise, minimum one year;
- have taken a course in teaching and learning in higher education or have acquired equivalent knowledge in some other way and undertake to take a course in teaching and learning in higher education during their first two years of employment;
- have the potential to develop and lead education and research activities;
- have demonstrated a sound capacity to interact with surrounding society.
For full eligibility requirements for a position as Assistant Professor see https://ju.se/download/18.55eae5ad16dbf214c0c8d82/1571059865284/Regulations for employment of teachers at JÃÂ¶nkÃÂ¶ping University Ã¢ÂÂ Appointment Procedure.pdf
Fluency in written and spoken English is a prerequisite and it is meritorious if you know any of the Nordic languages. Furthermore, meritorious for the appointment is experience from research and/or teaching on the influence of digitalization on supply chain management; IoT, machine learning, Big Data and block chain technology.
The position is full-time and permanent. The employments start 1st of June 2020 or as agreed upon.
Your application should include:
- a personal cover letter motivating your interest and suitability for the position;
- a complete CV including attested certificates/diplomas of education and list of publications
- name and contact details for three references (including position, e-mail, phone number, and how you know each other);
- a pedagogic portfolio including teaching experience and responsibilities, e.g. pedagogical training; teaching philosophy, teaching methods, examples of teaching developments and appendices such as student evaluations, examples of syllabi and assignments you have developed.
- three recent academic articles and your dissertation, if the PhD was awarded in the last three years;
Deadline for applying is January 15, 2020.
We kindly decline all sales and marketing contacts.
Jönköping University is a modern institution, characterized by internationalization and an entrepreneurial spirit. We attract highly qualified, inventive and enterprising people from all around the world. We develop new knowledge and share our expertise through solid collaborations with industry and business, the public sector and other higher education institutions. We offer an equal and inclusive workplace and we welcome applicants with diverse backgrounds. For more information, visit www.ju.se